Responsive breakpoint debug
Location: Fountain Street, Manchester
Senior Analyst - Operations
Booking Go is the transport division of Booking Holdings, the largest and most successful travel company on the planet, which also includes Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, Agoda.com and OpenTable. Booking Go operates the worldâ€™s leading car hire service, Rentalcars.com, as well as Rideways, a taxi and ride hailing service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated analyst to join our Product Organisation. You will work alongside designers, developers & product owners using analytics tools and data-mining techniques to produce valuable insights.
In this role, you will be directly involved in enabling business improvements through your own insights / observations.
As well as identifying opportunities, you will demonstrate your ability to recommend specific ones â€“ and provide the analytical evidence to back up your recommendations.
Where evidence & reporting is limited, you will recommend improvements based on experience, research & observations.
The role will involve ownership of metrics, analytical & reporting improvements & influencing product and commercial strategy.
- Own reporting of product metrics and proactive variance analysis of those to drive action
- Support product owners on producing roadmaps
- Investigate hypotheses and provide recommendations that help drive product strategy
- Own data sets and data quality for product teams, identifying gaps and working with developers to log new data points
- Using a selection of analytics tools to evaluate and optimise product performance
- Use technology to drive automation, efficiency and self service for management information
- Supporting & driving customer experience improvements
- Support product teams by sizing customer / commercial benefits of their tasks
- Support guidance and planning processes where applicable
- Manage and develop more junior analysts
- Strong stakeholder management skills â€“ influencing, communication (written, verbal & non verbal) & prioritisation
- Commercial awareness, linking behaviours to business benefit
- Data-mining and analytical skills
- A solid understanding of SQL
- Proficiency with Google Analytics (ideally GAIQ)
- Microsoft Office (in particular, Excel/Powerpoint)
- Understanding of AB experimentation
- Proven experience as a thought partner
- Able to work with ambiguity in terms of brief and data
- Proven ability to understand and link customer behaviours to commercial impact
- Experience of working in / for an eCommerce organisation
- Experience of working in / for a multi-channel organisation
- Experience writing complex queries using SQL
- Google Tag Manager implementation knowledge
- Complex Google Analytics implementation knowledge
- Able to create reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and data
- Experience of business partnering with commercial / product / operational colleagues
- Experience of presenting and influencing and decision maker level
- You are passionate for and have a good understanding of new technology and digital trends
- You are able to build relationships, collaborate and influence at multiple levels
- You are strong at stakeholder management
- You are delivery focussed, and work well in a team environment