The Position Â
BookingGo, which is part of Booking.com, is looking for a frontend software engineer to join an exciting new team within the business.
Working on a significant new product,Â your role will involve delivering an exciting new high performance website. You will work in a small Agile team using a broad range of leading edge technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience the excitement of working in a start-up atmosphere with the backing and security of a large and very successful e-commerce business supporting you. Â
We want people who will thrive in a start-up environment, who are motivated, enthusiastic about technology, have the drive to deliver and succeed and always have the thoughts of both the customer and the business in mind when delivering.
BookingGo is part of Booking Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: BKNG), the worldâ€™s leading provider of online travel & related services. Together with Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, the group mission is to help people experience the world.
We are a ticketed ground transportation service launched by Booking.com, offering everything from shuttles, trains and buses. Our team is a multi-skilled group of more than 30 people, working as a separate group within the broader business. We have a fast-paced, â€œstart-upâ€ environment sharing all the upsides of being part of a bigger business, but with the speed, drive and autonomy of an independent, early-stage start-up.
The main responsibilities of a Software Engineer:
- Delivering excellent frontend components for the systems websites with clean design principals and clear user journeys.
- Writing tests to maintain quality within the product base.
- Liaising with senior engineers and technical staff and suggesting appropriate technical solutions to problems.
- Working in an agile environment, ensuring the appropriate balance is struck between delivering and providing a quality product.
- Teach and mentor more junior members of staff as we grow.
- HTML / CSS / ReactJS
- UI/UX Understanding and principals
- Extensive knowledge of cross-browser specific issues
- Restful web-services / JSON
- Testing Frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, Mocha, Ava, Cucumber)
- Build tools, (e.g. Grunt)
- Have worked in an Agile environment.
Candidates applying for the role of Software Engineer are required to have the following:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Roughly 3+ years commercial experience as a front-end developer or similar role
- Front-end website development experience including HTML, CSS
- Extensive software engineering experience in modern web development tools and frameworks
- Ability to write high quality code and experience with MVC and IOC frameworks
- Experience of TDD and proven ability to write and maintain automated test suites
- An ability to understand technical requirements and provide timescales for delivery of features.
- Familiarity with Agile development and experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of troubleshooting problems throughout the lifetime of an application
- Experience of working with code repositories for example Git, SVN
- Experience of having mentored more junior colleagues
- Demonstrable experience of collaboration with non-technical stakeholders
- Eagerness to learn and maintain pace with upcoming web standards and technologies
- In-depth understanding of Continuous Integration systems
You will get from us:
- A market leading salary in London.
- The chance to make a real contribution to an exciting rapidly growing product.
- An opportunity to accelerate your career and quickly progress into a more senior role with a globally growing Internet business.
- Lots of interesting and challenging full-stack development work using the latest technologies.
- A fantastic working environment - a friendly, informal, vibrant and comfortable place to work.
- The opportunity to work within aÂ multidisciplinaryÂ team of developers and designers in an environment containing multiple development teams.
- An opportunity to learn Node.JS and help us to deliver a world class ground transport solution.