Responsive breakpoint debug
Location: Fountain Street
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.Â
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.Â
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.Â
Be a driver of bringing in an exciting new world in the Commercial team. We a looking for someone who can help fill the tank full of offers, helping to deliver great value to our customers. Get us ahead of the traffic on competitor monitoring & analysis and supercharge us towards an exciting new world of automated pricing. All the time keeping an keen eye on the road ahead looking for opportunities to improve the way we work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ownership of the promotions and offers calendar across the Commercial department:
- Developing an annual calendar of promotions and offers in conjunction with Commercial and Marketing
- Regular collation of offers across Commercial, ensuring we push for the best possible deals with our suppliers.
- Work with Marketing to surface the offers to customers through the appropriate channels.
- Work with Marketing to develop AB tests to learn and improve our offer presentation.
- Work with Analytics to understand the success of each offer and sharing this back to Commercial to drive further strength into offers program.
- Lead the competitor data project across the Commercial department:
- Own the relationship with the 3rd party supplier to ensure competitor data is collected accurately and timely, enforcing SLAâ€™s where necessary.
- Ensure the Commercial team is always up to date with all developments/improvements to competitor commercial propositions ensuring RC stay at the forefront of the market.
- Ensure data is shared with the commercial teams and built into reporting in the most effective way.
- Lead the development of destination â€œfact booksâ€ that:
- Set out our commercial proposition in each market
- Gather all the results from our AB & MVT tests into one place
- Outline a series of hypothesis to test, furthering our learnings and improving our knowledge
- Support the development of the Rentalcars.com and cars.booking.com commercial proposition, developing a commercial toolkit for each key distribution channel.
- Liaising with the destination teams on how to most effectively implement the commercial proposition destination by destination.
- Identifying improved ways of working in our weekly commercial reporting and processes. Testing these hypothesis with regular AB tests.
- Supporting the development of tools, systems and processes that help us move towards a future of automated pricing.
- Responsibility to support and help deliver on wider business improvement projects
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Tenacity to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Confident and analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook with an enthusiastic approach to work.
- Effective organisation and time management skills.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 1 yearsâ€™ experience in a Commercial, Purchasing, Buying or Revenue Management role.
- Microsoft Office applications, especially intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint (Essential)