Responsive breakpoint debug
Location: Fountain Street
Market Assistant - Japan
Rentalcars.com is the worldâ€™s largest online car rental reservation agency - arranging over 7 million rentals a year in more than 43,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,000 people from 70 countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre.
As a part of Priceline Group we are a member of the worldâ€™s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world's leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda, and OpenTable. The Priceline Group is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: PCLN) and was ranked in Fortune's 7 fastest growing technology companies in 2014 as well as being one of Fortuneâ€™s most admired technology companies.
To support our communication with our Japanese partners, help to nurture the market and set up new partner accounts in Japan, and assist with any administrative duties within our Product & Commercial department.
This is an exciting role for anyone looking to develop their career with an international travel group. The right person for this role may not necessarily be experienced in this field although they will demonstrate a strong desire to succeed and progress with the company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Accurate loading and maintenance of all supplier locations, car details and terms and conditions to ensure correct display of Products to our customers across all our sales channels for our Japanese market.
- Ensure timely and accurate loading of critical supplier inventory changes to ensure the system reflects correct availability at all times.
- Maximise opportunities for sale through maintenance and regular audits of supplier information ensuring the display of products, locations and terms and conditions up to date, clear and accurate.
- Central contact point for investigation and efficient resolution of internal and external customer queries via email or telephone.
- Support Commercial decision making through analysing pricing discrepancies, competitor products and market pricing and helping us to highlight key areas of opportunity and risk.
- Constant tracking of our website to ensure correct and optimum display of products to positively affect conversion.
- Must be at a native level in written and spoken Japanese
- Strong focus on quality checking and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments and also with external suppliers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as work independently
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook with an enthusiastic approach work
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially use of Excel would be beneficial