Responsive breakpoint debug
Location: Fountain Street, Manchester
Rideways is a ground transportation service launched by Rentalcars.com, offering everything from taxis to shuttles, trains & buses across more than 850 airports and 120 countries worldwide, and communicating with customers in 22 languages. We are rapidly expanding both in creating a unique B2C proposition as well as offering fantastic partnership potential through B2B channels. We are part of the Priceline Group, the third largest e-commerce company in the world (only Amazon and Alibaba are bigger).
We are a multi-skilled group of over 70 people, working in a fast-paced, â€œstart-upâ€ environment sharing all the upsides of being part of a bigger business, but with the speed, drive and autonomy of an independent, growth-stage entity.
Rentalcars.com is the worldâ€™s largest online car rental reservation agency - arranging over 9 million rentals a year in more than 50,000 locations worldwide.
As a part of Priceline we are a member of the worldâ€™s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world's leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Agoda.com and Kayak.com.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with strong career trajectory to join the team as Senior Business Planning Manager, who can bring sense to large sets of data to assist in commercial decision making.Â Must have a can-do attitude, be a self-starter and fully immerse themselves across understanding how the business is run and hence the best form of insights required.Â The role would span financial, commercial, operational and web analytics sources, so the person should be comfortable with picking up new concepts and tools, and be very focused on learning new techniques whenever possible. There will be a strong finance component, as it relates to and drives direction within all the other parts of the business.
- Creation and enhancement of core reports covering supply, commercial & financial health, marketing and customer service.
- Development of bespoke reporting and KPIs to enable specific initiatives to have the necessary focus on what they are looking to achieve â€“ across all functions.
- Provide weekly reporting on progress against key business initiatives.
- Responsibility for monthly and quarterly forecasting process, including highlighting risks and opportunities
- Be a key driver of the quarterly business planning processes, ensuring robust financial plans are produced for business wide strategic initiatives, and lead retrospective analysis of their performance
- Track costs, CapEx, guarantees and accruals to SLAs and to budget
- Lead commercially focussed investigations into trading performance
- Own ad-hoc analysis as required from the team, including a focus on automation of key repeat requests.
- Assist in development of a data-driven culture and institutional learning, through coaching / creation of case studies / support of key decisions with analysis.
- Push to create / bring together new sources of data, where it would be beneficial to driving relevant insights â€“ become a thought partner to the business.
- Partner with other analytical functions within the business to share best practice and learnings.
- Support managers by improving retrospective analysis of decisions taken by teams
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of analysts (in time)
- Proven track record as a credible, influential business partner is essential with non-financial colleagues, and at a senior level
- Possess relevant accounting qualification, with 3-5 years PQE (ACA, CIMA)
- Experience of using SQL Server & VBA is preferred, but a willingness to learn is essential
- Experience in leading & developing direct reports
- Experience of ecommerce / tech / retail / FMCG preferred
- Strong excel modelling skills
- Strong Powerpoint skills, including presenting
- Proactive â€˜can doâ€™ attitude essential
- Strong influencing & communication skills â€“ able to get â€˜buy inâ€™ from staff at all levels
- Must be confident of taking ownership for tasks / problems and delivering
- A strong team player with a commitment to delivering high level of internal customer service
- High level of attention to detail
You will be
- Ambitious in developing the role and broadening its reach
- Resilient when inevitable problems crop up
- Creative problem solver
- Self motivated to improve both technical skills and soft skills
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining the internal relationships needed to be a success