Rideways is part of The Priceline Group [NASDAQ: PCLN], the worldâ€™s leading provider of online travel & related services. Together with Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, the group mission is to help people experience the world.
We are a ground transportation service launched by Rentalcars.com, offering everything from taxis to shuttles and trains and buses, and we are growing rapidly across both B2C and B2B channels. We are just over 2 years old, and yet already operate across 120 countries and more than 850 cities globally. We are the fastest growing part of an already very-fast growth ecommerce business.
Our team is a multi-skilled group of more than 70 people, working as a separate group within the broader business. We have a fast-paced, â€œstart-upâ€ environment sharing all the upsides of being part of a bigger business, but with the speed, drive and autonomy of an independent, early-stage start-up.
We have big ambitions and next year we intend to scale both our business and the team in Manchester massively. Â Weâ€™re aiming to deliver millions of rides to millions of customers next year (compared to the ~8 million annual bookings of Rentalcars.com), alongside at least doubling the size of our team. Come join us to be part of one of the best product-focused growth stories in the North-West, contribute to our success and learn a huge amount in the process!
Who we are looking for
Rideways is looking for an experienced Product Owner to work closely with the leadership, development and UX teams as well as stakeholders across the business to build and support a range of product and service enhancements. They will dramatically improve key metrics such as customer engagement, average order value and conversion rate on the Rideways website across desktop, tablet and mobile.
We are looking for someone who â€˜getsâ€™ product management, has a firm grasp of agile development methodologies, and most of all, is committed to delivering a better experience for our customers. You will be determined to understand our customersâ€™ interaction with all aspects of the product and validate enhancements through testing.
- Conduct analysis to develop an understanding of customer behaviour, problems and opportunities
- Undertake competitive analysis to understand the marketplace
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders (Marketing, Commercial, operations, etc)
- Comfortably use analytics tools to understand how the site is being used.
- Feed research into your reasoning for product developments and evolutions.
- Facilitate focus groups, interviews and conduct online user testing to understand how customers react to our products
- Work with the MD and other senior stakeholders to operationalize the overall product strategy
- Define user problems and opportunities and propose product solutions to address these
- Use data to help prioritise new features
- Build, Maintain and groom the product backlog / Roadmap
- Own the products and features within Rideways and be seen as an expert on your products
- Plan sprints, estimation sessions and retrospectives
- Develop concise user stories for use during agile development complete with acceptance criteria/scenarios, designs, context and proposed solution
- Collaborate with UX to develop designs, user journeys, prototypes and key success metrics.
- Work closely with the development team to understand what is possible, focusing on our tech estate to develop full and understandable descriptions for our stories.
- Report on performance against key success metrics and drive improvements against these metrics
- Constantly evolve processes and resources to improve quality and speed of delivery
- Work using Agile methodologies, developing products with feedback as we build them with the ability to pivot where needed.
Desired skills and experience
- Degree educated
- 3+ years working as a Product Owner or similar role
- Experience working in an Agile Environment (SCRUM or KANBAN)
- Familiarity with A/B testing or other multivariate testing.
- Excellent problem solving, prioritisation and communication skills
- Strong ability to understandÂ howÂ as well asÂ whyÂ things are built and work closely with developers to understand the technical landscape, translating insight into clear epics & user stories.
- Experience in web/mobile e-commerce
- Strong grasp of analytics (GA, HotJar, etc)
- Knowledge and experience in conversion optimisation, SQL reporting and UX design is desired
What we offer in return
- A fantastic new office in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen, Starbucks on site and free breakfast & fruit
- All the security and potential of a company that is FTSE-100 equivalent
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team, and the product â€“ partnering closely with the managing director and heads of supply, operations, engineering and demand â€“ by taking a seat on the Rideways leadership team