Responsive breakpoint debug
Location: Fountain Street, Manchester
Rentalcars.com is the largest online car rental and ground transportation services provider in the world, arranging over 9 million rentals a year in more than 46,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,600 people from 70 countries across 3 sites in Manchester city centre.
As a part of the Priceline Group we are a member of the leading and most valuable travel group on the planet. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world's leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda and OpenTable
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled and motivated UX Designer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary product team, responsible for delivering either a key part of our customer journey or internal product delivery.
As an advocate for our customers, you will represent them all the way from ideation through to implementation. You will craft user-centred solutions that remove pain points and contribute to a frictionless and cohesive experience for our customers.Â
- Deliver elegant, user-centred solutions validated and informed through data and research
- You will create interaction flows, experience maps, mock-ups and more to convey ideas and gather qualitative feedback.
- Utilise your expert knowledge of HTML & CSS to see ideas through to production
- Partner with Product Owners, Engineers, Copywriters and Researchers to evolve the user experience.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across the customer journey
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of design practice, process and tooling
Skills & Experience
- 2+ years commercial experience: Ideally gained in a similar environment
- UX focus: A strong focus on UX. You are critical and questioning, identifying and addressing pain points.
- Excellent communicator: Able to discuss design decisions openly and confidently
- Code master: Thorough understanding of HTML/CSS and responsive design
- Expert visual designer: You can translate requirements and create functional, usable and beautiful interfaces
- Data-driven: Experience of insight-driven design (A/B testing, user research)
- Iterative: You are used to taking an iterative approach, employing qualitative and quantitative methods to inform and validate ideasâ€‹
- Agile: Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment
- Passionate: You are a self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems. You are passionate about good design and continuously learn new techniques, technologies, best-practice and more.
Candidates must provide examples of work demonstrating an ability to generate ideas, solve problems and articulate design decisions.
In return we offer
- A very competitive salary
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Extensive list of company benefits that is ever improving!
- A fantastic new office in the heart of Manchester
- Ownership of your work and a challenging environment
- Great facilities including a subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- All the security, training and potential benefits that come with working for a FTSE-100 company
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- Working in the travel industry, one of the fastest strongest growing, most dynamic and exciting sectors of the global economy
- 25 days paid holidays plus ability to increase this to 28!
- Great discounts on car rentals, ground transportation and other group travel benefits