Weâ€™re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. Weâ€™re the ones who empower people to get where theyâ€™re going. Whether theyâ€™re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether theyâ€™re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com â€“ Weâ€™re the transport arm of the worldâ€™s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com â€“ The worldâ€™s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rideways â€“ Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B. Connect â€“ Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partnersâ€™ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, weâ€™re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, weâ€™re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other peopleâ€™s. Itâ€™s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search â€œManchesterâ€™s coolest officeâ€ and see for yourself. And weâ€™re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, weâ€™re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
To lead and develop a team to deliver significant volume, revenue and margin targets, across a designated area of responsibility within the portfolio of countries and customer source markets of Rentalcars.com.
- To define and execute the commercial strategy and to regularly track performance against it
- To implement best practice in Revenue Management to daily pricing processes
- Lead weekly Trading Reviews that generate actions according to the opportunities highlighted and also any risks to optimising volume, revenue and margin targets
- To regularly forecast performance to targets and instigate and escalate actions to mitigate risk
- Lead the negotiation of the best rates, commissions and promotions with our suppliers to enable a competitive price position and margin protection
- Work alongside our key suppliers to develop plans to achieve the commercial and customer strategy and objectives
- Lead the negotiating of the product and terms and conditions of sale and for ensuring the accurate and optimum display of all information across our sales channels
- Generate and maintain outstanding supplier partnerships using sound communication and relationship management techniques
- Work in partnership across supply network to ensure that customer satisfaction targets are hit and to define action plans to rectify issues
- Research and develop opportunities for working with new suppliers to broaden customer choice and to achieve volume and margin growth
- Drive exceptional team performance through defining and monitoring achievement of performance objectives through regular one to ones and monthly reviews
- Support development of team by continually assessing training needs and putting plans in place to achieve
- Act as a role model for the team through demonstrating excellent personal performance and effectiveness, professionalism and ethics
- Maximise team efficiency through a prompt and professional handling of queries that impact commercial performance of the business
- Lead and/or support implementation of department and business improvement projects as well as act as a representative of the department on business improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships across the business with all key internal departments
- Work in collaboration with Customer Service Managers to ensure timely resolution of customer service cases
- Superior management and organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness
- First class analytical, problem solving and decision making ability
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Determination to achieve results in a high energy and environment
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Proven track record in people management, motivation and development
- Change champion
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 4 yearsâ€™ experience in a Product and Commercial Role within Car Hire Sector
- Minimum 3 yearsâ€™ experience in a Product and Commercial Role within Car Hire Sector and relevant proven analytical A levels or Degree
- Microsoft Office applications, especially basic/intermediate use of Excel and PowerPoint
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â